What is Sundeala Board?
Sundeala is the trade name for a recycled pin board or notice board. Made from recycled paper products like newspapers and magazines. The sheets are 9mm thick and highly compressed to give a rigid structure that is hard wearing and restorable.
Almost 100% recycled and committed to recycling.
Environmentally sustainable and meets all UK corporate, government and local authority environmental policy statements.
Features & Benefits
- Fire safety when specifying the FRB grade, with it’s fire retardant properties.
- Excellent pin retention for notice boards.
- Pre-sanded, soft feel surface.
- Densely packed fibres give the board strength and durability.
- Boards can easily be restored when they become grubby or worn.
- Recycled and environmentally friendly.
- Does not require a felt covering or frame, but both options are still available!
- Comprehensive product range including shapes, animals Aluminium framed, wood framed & unframed in a variety of different colours etc.
- Keen pricing, cut-to-size service and nationwide delivery.
Environmentally Aware Manufacturing
Sundeala board is environmentally sustainable and meets all UK corporate, government and local authority environmental policy statements.
Old newspapers are re-processed into Sundeala boards. A 24-hour facility produces 0.3 million boards each year, the equivalent of processing approximately 110 million newspapers.
As each tonne represents around three cubic metres of landfill space, that’s a saving of over 12,000 cubic metres per year – just from one factory!
Fire Retardant Board
Sundeala FRB board has been tested under the European Harmonised Standards BS EN 13823: 2002 and BS EN 11925-2 and fully meets the criteria for Class B.
Therefore may be used in locations that previously required British Standard and Building Regulation classifications of Class 1 and Class 0.
As a general guide Class B products should be used in fire escape routes, corridors and stairways etc.
If in doubt your local fire officer can advise on their correct use.
When Should I Use Sundeala?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose Sundeala boards instead of felt pin boards or cork boards, here are a few of them..
- You want an unframed board without any fabric covering (standard cork boards are not available without a frame)
- You need a fire retardant pin board to meet building regulations or for use in public places – Sundeala FRB is BS EN 13823: 2002 and BS EN 11925-2 compliant.
- You want to buy an environmentally friendly pin board
- You want a long lasting restorable board – can easily be brought back to a new condition with sandpaper